December 21, 2013

Eleven!



Welcome to the Eleven blog post challenge! 

I have been tagged by my dear  friend Malu Sciamarelli, with whom I have exchanged and learned so much. Malu is a globetrotter and I'm very happy that we will be attending some conferences together in 2014! 

I have been also tagged by Fabiana Casella, who I met online. We are both from Argentina and I look forward to meeting her and lots of great Argentinian educators next time I visit my country. This will be a day to remember!

The game goes on! Priscila Mateini has just tagged me and I am happy that I was remembered again. Priscila is an educator I have met through Breltchat, who has a huge passion for people and education. She is very creative and I hope to meet her very soon as she is only 500 kms away from me in Rio. 

So, how does it work?
If you’re tagged:
a) Acknowledge the blogger who has nominated you.
b) Share 11 random facts about yourself.
c) Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger asked you.
d) Nominate 11 more bloggers of your choice.
e) Post 11 questions for the nominated bloggers and let them know they’ve been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you!









Here we go: 11 random facts about me!

1. I like frogs. 
2. I have just divorced. 
3. I have the travel bug!
4. I have lost 5 kilos and plan to lose 5 more. 
5. I give all the books I read to friends, so then I can discuss the story with them. I ask them to pass the books forward. 
6. I love watching non-traditional movies. 
7. I love animals in generals, specially dogs. Miss my two dogs that are in Toronto so much!
8. I meditate very often and I love it.
9. I am a morning person, love to wake up early. 
10. I am writing a book. 
11. I love listening to people and making them questions.  










Malu's questions: 

1.  What do you have on your bedroom wall?   The statues of prince Rama and princess Sita.
2. What’s the first thing you do when you get up? Check my twitter, facebook, and instagram.
3. Do you have a pet? Yes, two lovely dogs. A Schauzer mix named Joy, and a Lab-Collie named Nina.
4. What’s your favorite food from your childhood? My mom's Puchero.
5. What do you like most about teaching? Listening to students' stories. 
6. What’s the best thing about going to a conference? Meeting amazing educators. 
7. Do you read two or more books at the same time? Oh, yes! Usually in different languages about totally different things. 
8. Who is your hero? Sort of hard... I would say Jim Henson. 
9. What’s your favorite country to visit and why? Japan. Culture, food, places, and most of all, the lovely people!
10. What’s making you smile at the moment? Thinking about Japan!
11. Life is too short to… think you are too old to do something!


Fabiana's questions! 

1. What are three adjectives that describe you best? Creative, affective, passionate. 
2. Who is someone you admire the most? Why? I do not know if the most, but I admire Pope Francis. He's brave and humble. 
3. What is your favorite color? Why? I would say blue. It matches everything. 
4. Where would you like to spend your dream vacation? Iran. 
5. Are you a good cook? What is your "speciality"? Not really. Can't cook much. It is a goal for 2014. 
6. Have you ever met a Hollywood star? Where? How? No, not really interested in them. 
7. The Beatles or The Rolling Stones? The Beatles. 
8. Can you Tango? or better said: Can you dance Tango? Unfortunately, I can't. And I'm Argentinian! 
9. Have you ever eaten some exotic food? Oh, yeah. Kudu, Onyx, Ostrich. Mainly in Africa. 
10.Do you think you are a connected educator? I would say so as I am playing this game now! 
11. If you were ever offered to teach in a foreign country, which one would you choose? Probably Butan. 

Priscila's questions! 

1- What is your favorite movie? Casablanca. 
2- What is/ was the most challenging moment in your career? Now. Transitioning from a school director to an international teacher developer/ plenary speaker/ educational consultant
3- Would like to teach in another country? Oh, yes. I have already taught in Canada and have given workshops in many different countries. I am excited that soon I will be giving my Affective Language Learning Certificate in the United Arab Emirates and in Armenia, two mysterious places I have never been. 
4- What was the most memorable moment in a Conference that you had been? Mario Rinvolucri gave me his copy of Bernard Dufeu's Teaching Myself, which everything to do with was I was doing and I was totally unaware there were other educators that thought and taught like me. 
5- What could you do if you had to teach in a public school in the country side of your Country? A lot. Feel ashamed of not having contributed much with the public sector. 
6- What is your favorite band? The Beatles.
7- Do you have a special song? If does, what is the name? Yes, Africa by Toto. 
8-How many languages do you speak? I love languages. I am bilingual in Spanish and Portuguese, fluent in English and German, and I'm love with Japanese. I could easily spend a year in every country learning their language and culture. 
9- Did you have a teacher that inspire you? Yes, I had a biology teacher that I loved. Sadly, he was murdered when thieves wanted to rob his house. 
10- How many books did you read this year? Many, no idea of how many. Probably around 15. 
11- What “Teaching” is in your point of view? I prefer to talk about learning, as it is really the focus of teaching, and when you are teaching you are learning. Learning is the communion of souls. 







And now the 11 bloggers I would love to see answering my questions:
@vickyloras
@roseliserra
@AnnLoseva
@DanielaAyalaM
@ceciELT
@BsmDgn
@hoprea
@michaelegriffin
@tamaslorincz
@teacherhigor
@eltbakery












My questions: 

1. What would you do if you were not an educator? 
2. How do you relax? 
3. Do you write a diary? 
4. What is love? 
5. What book are you reading now? 
6. Do you have a pet? 
7. Do you collect anything? 
8. How do you have fun?
9. What can you cook? 
10. Do you exercise much? 
11.How would you describe me? 


Great fun! 
Thank you Malu for inviting me to play! 
Thank you Fabiana for inviting me as well! 
Thank you Priscila too!!!
Look forward to learning more about everybody! 


Send you all a big hug straight from São Paulo, Brazil!

Juan


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking up the challenge, Juan!

    As good friends, we have some things in common, such as loving dogs and Japan, reading more than one book at the same time...but the best one is being a globetrotter!!!

    Looking forward to meeting you in different parts of the globe in 2014!
    Happy Holidays!

    Malu
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!